BOSTON – (May 15, 2019) – Sappi North America, Inc., a leading producer and supplier of diversified paper, packaging products and dissolving wood pulp, announced Tuesday the commercial launch of three new textures to its Ultracast release paper line. The company will showcase the products during interzum 2019 in Cologne, Germany from May 21-24, 2019.
Sappi creates forward-looking products and textures by leveraging state-of-the-art technology from its Westbrook, Maine mill, drawing design inspiration from around the world. Sappi’s extensive library includes a product range of over 70 textures for worktops, kitchen counters and cabinets, flooring, wall paneling and other laminate applications. This wide range of textures, coating and converting capabilities make the company the largest supplier of casting and release papers in the world.
Six textures will be featured in the Sappi booth, including:
- Selva (new) – inspired by refined North American hardwoods, this texture enhances wood decors with an alternation of finely grained soft sections with more structured and dark veins.
- Optima (new) – influenced by the patina of worn and weathered steel, this texture will transform ceramic, stone, and metal designs into captivating surfaces that fit comfortably in kitchens and other active environments.
- Magma – by combining the delicate appeal of raw silk and the pale sheen of brushed steel, this texture provides contrasted metal effects and a smooth pleasant touch perfect for timeless interiors seeking an elegant and refined style.
- Fiesta (new) – with its unconventional iridescent shimmer, this texture will turn any piece of furniture into a cheerful showpiece, providing a dynamic accent to futuristic interiors and urban facades aiming for a strong architectural dimension.
- Urban (coming soon) – due to its delicate and refined concrete character, this texture surprises with an uncommon landscape of scattered lunar visuals, offering an intriguing appearance and appealing softness of its matte surface ideal for stylish, modern kitchens and furniture.
- Canyon (coming soon) – ever versatile, this texture offers soft, defining waves finished with crisp edges that testify to the slate origin of this stone. When merged with wood designs it transforms the surface into a beautiful petrified wood surface, while when paired with stone decors, it expresses itself with a very distinct slate character, both options offering timeless elegance in furniture pieces, especially worktops and table tops.
“Texture and haptics are important attributes to the surfaces in our lives, and we’re constantly seeking innovative ways to translate new textures through our casting and release papers. We know that what we touch shapes what we feel. The featured textures in our Ultracast line draw from real-world inspirations to provide authentic, tangible touch experiences,” said Iris Scharloo, Marketing Director, Sappi North America. “We’re proud to offer superior textures with unmatched quality and performance for brands that put the customer experience first.”
At interzum 2019, Sappi will showcase the true power of touch with an interactive and engaging haptics experience at its booth (Hall 6.1 – E-038). Visitors will be immersed in a sensory experience that examines the impact the sense of touch has in how we perceive and experience a variety of surfaces.
To see all of Sappi’s textures, download the Sappi Release Texture App for iOS and Android.
To learn more about Sappi, please visit www.sappirelease.com.