Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate challenges the boundaries of laminate with function and style while the new ColorCore®2 surfacing selections provide designers more choices
CINCINNATI (Nov. 12, 2018) — Formica Corporation today introduces the new Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate line and expands Formica ColorCore®2 Laminate patterns and colors to meet architects’ and designers’ desire for beautiful surfacing solutions with surprising features.
Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate
As beautiful as it is durable, Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 laminate features a soft-to-the-touch super matte finish that is fingerprint resistant, offers anti-microbial surface protection, thermal healing capabilities and features a matching colored core that eliminates the brown edge typically seen with laminate.
“Working closely with architects and designers in the industry, we know they look for products that are not only beautiful, but also meet the needs of high-traffic public spaces,” said Renee Hytry Derrington, global design lead, Formica Corporation. “Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate allows us to bring our client’s vision to life with functional and style-forward solutions.”
Eliminating the brown edge line often associated with standard laminate, Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate offers professionals functional solutions for commercial spaces that require high-performance features without sacrificing design.
- Technology: Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate features a soft-to-the-touch super-matte finish that is fingerprint-resistant, offers antimicrobial surface protection, thermal healing capabilities and a matching colored core.
- Colors: Available in four colors: New White, White, Black and Storm.
- Applications: Ideal for use in high-traffic settings, including hotels, restaurants, offices, hospital lobbies and school libraries. It can be applied horizontally or vertically for casework, countertops, furniture and signage.
Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate ranges $7-$8 per square foot, material only. To learn more about the Formica Infiniti® ColorCore®2 Laminate line, visit http://www.formica.com/en/us/products/colorcore2-infiniti.
ColorCore®2 Laminates Finishes & Patterns
The company has also expanded its ColorCore®2 Laminates, offering designers an assortment of inspiring solid colors and patterns that go all the way through with no brown edge.
“Expanding upon our current offering of ColorCore®2 Laminate patterns and finishes meets the ever-evolving needs of our industry,” Hytry Derrington said. “This carefully curated selection of new options will offer designers even more choices to meet their clients’ requirements.”
Through careful research and conversations with designers in the industry, the design team expanded the highly versatile ColorCore®2 Laminate line with 11 new patterns, three new solid options and four new white finishes, providing designers more upscale laminate options without the dark edge.
The new finishes and patterns include:
- Patterns: Storm Solidz, Burnt Strand, Citadel Warp, Charred Formwood, Blackened Steel, Planked Urban Oak, Wheat Strand, Washed Knotty Ash, Navy Grafix, Denim Twill, Infinity Duotex
- Solid Options: Mouse, Mojave, Navy Blue
- New White and White Finishes: Matte, Gloss, Natural Grain-Premium, Plex
ColorCore®2 Laminate ranges $5-$6 per square foot, material only. To learn more about the ColorCore®2 Laminate line, visit http://www.formica.com/en/us/products/colorcore2.
Published on Monday, November 12, 2018